We pride ourselves on our ability to help households improve their comfort and energy efficiency through underfloor heating. But we’re also keen to recommend other ways in which they can save money and energy. Especially if it means they get to do their part in building a more sustainable future! If you’ve switched energy plans recently, you’ll no doubt have seen how many renewable energy tariffs there are out there. All of the “Big 6” (British Gas, Scottish Power, EDF, SSE, E.On and N Power) now offer at least one renewable tariff. What’s more, a number of smaller suppliers have arisen in recent years exclusively offering renewable energy.
Many of these suppliers can not only help you to enjoy 100% renewable energy, they can also save you money and simplify your bills. Here, we’ll look at some of the reasons why our customers may want to consider choosing a renewable energy supplier like Bulb. Since its inception in 2013, the brand has become one of the UK’s most popular renewable suppliers. Let’s take a look.
According to the energy experts at Switch-Plan, Bulb‘s current average energy rates are among the cheapest on the market. At the time of writing, Switch-Plan lists Bulb’s average energy rates as 17.798 p for electricity and 3.1395 p for gas. These may vary slightly, depending on where in the country you live.
Bulb offers 100% renewable energy. More than double the UK average of 38%. Most of Bulb’s energy (78%) comes from wind energy, a further 18% comes from solar power, and the remaining 4% comes from hydropower.
Bulb also offers green gas as standard. 10% of which comes from natural biomethane (a renewable alternative to natural gas from farm and animal waste). The remaining 90% comes from carbon-offset gas. This is where the carbon generated is offset by carbon-neutral projects at home and overseas.
You want more than just great prices from your energy supplier. Even when their energy is 100% renewable. You also deserve to know that your supplier will give you the customer service you deserve when you need it. Fortunately, Bulb has an impressive track record when it comes to its customer service. At the time of writing, the supplier has an “Excellent” score of 4.5 out of 5 on Trustpilot. Out of over 74,000 reviews, 63,260 (86%) rated the brand as “Excellent”, with a further 5,380 (7%) rating it as “Great”.
It can be bamboozling when you’re choosing a new energy tariff. There are so many plans offered by which supplier that it can take a long time to familiarise yourself with all of them. Fortunately, Bulb has a much simpler approach to its energy plans. It has only one tariff. The Vari-Fair tariff is a variable-rate tariff that is constantly checked to ensure that it offers market leading rates. When the cost of wholesale energy drops, so do your prices!
Of course, if wholesale energy prices rise, your rates may rise too. However, the beauty of Bulb’s Vari-Fair tariff is that you can switch at any time without needing to worry about early exit fees. So you can enjoy the freedom to switch whenever you like without expensive consequences.
Underfloor Heating Trade Supplies
Unit 10, Withyfold Trading Estate
Withyfold Drive, Macclesfield
01625 569 528
Monday - Friday: 8.30am - 5.00pm